Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom to be key note speaker at April 19th Health Tech Conference in San Francisco
Breaking News! The Lt. Governor of the State of California, Gavin Newsom, will be a keynote speaker at the upcoming Health Technology Forum Innovation Conference on April 19th in San Francisco. He will talk about the critical role of technology in improving public health.
Mr. Newsom is a strong proponent of using technology to change the public sector services and has authored a book called Citizenville: How to Take the Town Square Digital and Reinvent Government, which is available at this link.
The all day April 19th conference will be held at the UCSF Mission Bay Conference Center in San Francisco and is being organized by the San Francisco Chapter of the Health Technology Forum which has sponsored many speaker events, meet-ups and panel discussions in the Silicon Valley.
According to Pronoy Saha, the organizer and founder of the Health Technology Forum, “We have lined up an all-star cast of speakers, panelists and also feature demonstrations of innovative medical devices and software. As at our past events, we expect to have a very engaged audience, lively discussions and lots of networking opportunities.”
To learn more about the conference, please go to the HTF website. Special rates are available for students.
Topics on the agenda include:
- The Role of Technology in the Affordable Care Act
- Digital Media Law in Healthcare
- Using Technology to Support Care for Dual Eligible (link to more information)
- Design Thinking for the Underserved
- How Robots Can Be Used in Healthcare (link to more information)
- IT Challenges at Hospitals to Improve Care
- Patient Engagement for Care Enhancements
- Tele-Medicine and mHealth
- Health Information Security
- Venture Capital and Entrepreneurialism
The audience will include healthcare entrepreneurs, public health officials, venture capitalists and medical professionals. Over 50 people have volunteered their time and effort to organize the conference which will be an outstanding event!
For more information or to sign up, please go to the Conference website.
by Mike Allen