The upcoming Health Technology Forum Innovation Conference will take place on April 19th at the UCSF, Mission Bay Conference Center. The conference will be the leading event for senior IT decision makers and stakeholders from the healthcare ecosystem.
The conference will feature a full day of presentations, panel discussions, workshops and health tech demonstrations by leading experts in healthcare technology.
Live coverage will be provided by NPR Tech Nation hosts Moira Gunn and David Duncan. The key note speech will be delivered by California Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom. Blue ribbon sponsors include California Health Care Foundation, Vodafone Americas Foundation, Acupera, Orrick, Runway Incubator/Co-working, Sensely, SomaSens Insights, InfoEdge,and Pillsbury Law Office
This conference is a unique opportunity to learn about the latest developments in healthcare technology. Below are the twelve (12) session topics along with background information on leading experts who are participating in the conference:
1. Telehealth and mHealth – learn how these solutions are used to deliver better outcomes from:
- Greg Caressi, Senior VP – Healthcare and Life Sciences, Frost and Sullivan, and a telemedicine expert.
- Dr. Yan Chow, Director of Innovation and Advanced Technology – Kaiser, recognized as a medical tech leader by InfoWeek.
- Marty Caresell, CEO – Telsano, winner of the Qualcom Life App Challenge for connecting doctors and patients.
- Tapan Mehta, Global Healthcare Manager – Cisco, which has extensive support for telemedicine.
2. Using Technology to Support Care for Dual Eligibles – will cover technology-enhanced treatment for those dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid, who tend to have complex conditions. The expert panel includes:
- Suneel Ratan, CEO – Care Architecture, a leader in using social networks for healthcare, will moderate.
- David Lindeman, PhD, Director – Center for Technology and Aging – see more
- Lisa Mangiante, Director – Pacific Business Group on Health, which encourages consumers to make health decisions using value and cost information.
- Doug Trauner, Entrepreneur in Residence at the Veterans Administration Center for Innovation - see more on Doug Trauner.
3. Design Thinking for Public Health and the Underserved – learn how patient oriented design of medical devices can help multiply the work of scarce medical professionals. The panel includes:
- Dennis Boyle – Partner and Head of Healthcare – IDEO, a leading design firm and developer of the original Apple mouse – see more.
- Dr. Andre Muelenaer, CMO – Pediatric Medical Device Institute
- Glen Moy, Sr. Program Officer – California Healthcare Foundation, which supports technology innovation for chronic disease management and public health.
4. Digital Media Law in Healthcare - a panel of distinguished lawyers will discuss lessons from HIPAA social media violations, guidelines for doctor-patient communication, legal considerations for product developers and more!
- Renee Berry, CEO – BeMoRe, a consulting firm specializing in improving public engagement, will moderate.
- Jennifer Dukarski, Intellectual Property, Media & Technology at the Butze Law Firm
- Francoise Gilbert, Founder & Attorney – IT Law Group
- Elton Satusky, Attorney – Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati
5. Using Robots to Improve Healthcare – learn how robots are alleviating the skills shortages which are developing in medicine with this expert panel. See more.
- Andra Keay, CEO – Robot LaunchPad will moderate a discussion with:
- Steve Cousins, CEO – Willow Garage
- Rush LaSelle, VP and General Manager – Adept Mobile Robots
- Cory Kidd, CEO – Intuitive Automata, developer of the socially interactive Autom health care robot.
- Russ Angold, CTO, Esko Bionics, a leader in bionic healthcare.
6. IT Challenges at Hospitals to Improve Care- Bay Area Hospital CMIOs will discuss which technologies have the greatest potential to improve patient care.
- Dr. Justin Graham, CMIO– North Bay Healthcare will moderate. See more.
- Dr. Mike Aratow – San Mateo Medical Center
- Dr, Jensen Wong – San Francisco General Hospital
- Dr. Rajiv Pramanik – Contra Costa County Health Services
- Dr. Kate Bennet – John Muir Health
7. Health Information Security – learn how new technologies and regulations are changing security requirements from:
- Preetham Peters, CEO – InfoEdge will lead the discussion.
- Colin Anderson, VP and CISO - Safeway, one of the leaders in using technology to improve employee heath.
- David Baker, CISO – Okta a leading provider of security software and systems.
8. Venture Capital – leading healthcare investors will discuss the future of technology. Learn where the smart money is going to:
- Dr. Gregory Grunberg – Managing Director – Logitude Capital
- Dr. David Kim, Partner – Pinnacle Ventures
- Dr. Bijan Salehizadeh, Managing Director – NaviMed Capital
- Nina Kjellson, General Partner – Interwest Partners
9. Patient Engagement – learn about new uses of technology to engage patients from this all-star panel:
- Neil Versel, HIT Journalist – Universal Media will lead the discussion
- Jan Oldenburg, Vice President – Aetna, author of Engage: Transforming Healthcare through Digital Engagement
- Laura Esserman, Professor – UCSF School of Medicine
- Amy Tenderich, Editor-in-Chief, DiabetesMine.com, an online support and advocacy group for diabetics
10. The Role of Technology in the Affordable Care Act- the ACA’s extensive technology requirements will be discussed – what do you need to know? Panelists include:
- Gary Lauer, Chairman and CEO – eHealthInsurance, the largest on-line provider of insurance
- David Yoo, CIO – Net.Orange, a leading developer of public health software platforms
11. Analytics/Big Data - these experts will discuss how informatics and data analysis tools are providing new insights which are improving outcomes and lowering costs:
- Dr. Josh Newman, Director of Healthcare Strategy – Salesforce, which has a major healthcare initiative
- Dr. Frederick Lee, Director of Clinical and Translational Informatics – Oracle, which has several programs which help clients use data to improve healthcare.
12. CXO Panel - leading executives will discuss the direction of healthcare based on their different perspectives.
- John De Souza, CEO – MedHelp, the world’s largest online health community
- Dean Stephens, CEO - Healthline, a leading online source of medical information
- Darren Schulte, President – Apixio, the number 1 ranked big data platform for healthcare
In addition learning from speakers and panel discussions, conference attendees will have an opportunity to participate in:
- Technology demonstrations by leading healthcare software vendors which will take place in the exhibit hall.
- An award ceremony and discussion of the results of the conference’s Code-a-thon in which teams will compete for a $5,000 prize by creating software which improves treatment for public health and under served populations.
These product demos and the code-a-thon are being coordinated by Wako Takyama, Consultant – Product Design, Elise Giancola, Managing Director – HT3 and Dr. Jan Gurley, Physician – SF Public Health.
The upcoming Health Technology Forum conference held on April 19th in San Francisco offers a unique opportunity to learn about the latest developments in healthcare technology.
Tell your friends and colleagues, and hope to see you there!
Contacting the Healthcare Technology Forum Innovation Conference Team:
For exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities at Healthcare Technology Forum Innovation Conference please contact:
Shweta Malik email@example.com
For Marketing and PR enquiries, please contact: